Pentagon Marine Services Private Limited (PMS) started its operation in the month of April 2004. It was formally inaugurated at its new premises on the 31st August 2004 by the Honourable DG Shipping Mr. G. S. Sahni.
PMS is a leading company in marine industries providing high quality services in the field of shipping and allied activities. PMS provides services as crew manning agent for a number of well known companies all over the world for company like Finaval, Tekne, SAM, MonteCarlo, Fingas. The company is also providing value added trainings to the crew and vetting services for its clients.
PMS is member of MASSA group of companies. It is an ISO 9001: 2008 accredited organisation certified by the RINA Authorities.
Recently the company was presented with the Excellence Award and Trans World Gold Star award by the Institute of Economic Studies for its innovativeness of quality products and services.
Mumbai (India) based PMS & its group of companies manages chemical, oil, gas and dry bulkers. Pentagon has its branch offices at Navi Mumbai, New Delhi & Chennai.
- Worked at SISCO (South India Shipping Corporation, Chennai for over four years)
- Worked in Monte Carlo based company since 1988-1997 (10yrs) handling various ascending capacity. All along enjoyed working on various type, size of petroleum & chemical tankers.
- 1998-2000 joined Finaval groups of company handling various responsibilities in ascending capacity in Curacao, Holland & Italy.
- 2000-2004: Resident Director of Finaval, Mumbai Liaison office looking after all the liasioning activities in India for its head office in Rome.
- Presently the Managing Director of Pentagon Marine Services Private Limited, looking after all the shipping activities i.e. technical, operations, chartering of petrochemicals, ship manning, ship inspection for vetting & providing value added training to its officers at Pentagon Maritime Research & Training Institute, as required by the principals, customers.
- Now he is also now diversifying in the field of purchase and sale of ships.
Some of His Achievements
- Nominated as MASSA representative, an IMO MEPC technical committee of Govt. of India.
- Appointed as trustee member of MTRF at their 48th meeting by the MTRF trustees board.
- Received the UDYOG RATAN AWARD for outstanding performance in industry (In matters of excellence in productivity, quality, innovative management) by the Institute of Economic Studies at Delhi (India) by the former governor of Assam
- The company including its sister concern are having over 55 highly skilled
People, including ex masters chief engineers working permanently round the
Mrs. Pratibha Pandey
Promoter & Director, is a Chemical Engineer from BIT Sindri. She is looking after the crew training segment of Pentagon Marine and heading the Pentagon Maritime Training & Research Institute,
a DGS Approved and ISO 9001:2008 certified by ABS.
Mr. H.C.Patnaik ( HCP ) , General Manager - Fleet Personnel & Technical
A Graduate In Marine Engineering from Directorate of Marine Engineering & Training
(DMET) Calcutta, 1974. He had served Shipping Corporation of India from
1974 to 1993 joining as junior engineer rising to the rank of Chief Engineer.
He had also worked with Orissa Sponge Iron Ltd., Keonjhar from 1993 to
2000 and Ocean Sparkle Limited at top managerial position, before joining
Pentagon Marine Services.
Capt Goutam Dasgupta ( GDS ), Senior Crew Manager
Is an ex Marine Radio Officer/Deck officer having more than thirteen years of sea experience and working
Ashore since 1987 as senior managerial position with various shipping Companies.
Dr Anil Pandey
a Gold Medalist and PhD in Political Science and also a Law graduate. He is heading the Delhi Branch and is representing the Group and with all the Embassies and Officials of Govt of India